Flu Vaccinations!

Flu+Vaccinations%21

Marwa Barakat, Editor-in-Chief

Flu season is upon us!

As winter approaches, it is important to know the differences between the common cold and the flu. However, both the cold and the flu have very similar symptoms, such as having a fever and/or body aches. Therefore, it is important to get the flu vaccine in order to prevent getting the flu at all.

Some people are scared of flu vaccines because they believe that they are being injected with the flu. However, that is not true. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or CDC, “Flu vaccines cause antibodies to develop in the body about two weeks after vaccination. These antibodies provide protection against infection with the viruses that are used to make the vaccine.” This ensures that the person’s body can fight against the flu and strengthen the person’s immune system.

The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services is holding a free flu shot clinic for children between the ages of 3 and 18 on Tuesday, November 12. The clinic will be held from 1:30 to 4:00 pm in the Northwest High School Cafeteria. Appointments can be made at https://apps.montgomerycountymd.gov/fluvaccine/. This clinic is also being offered at Kennedy High School, Rockville High School, and Universities at Shady Grove. 

If you ever feel sick or think you are getting sick, visit the Health Room in room 103!