Jag Sleep Out!

Taylor Cross, Morning Announcements Editor

Hey Jags, come out on Friday, November 22nd to raise awareness on homelessness! The PTSA, SGA, and Minority Scholars Program is hosting a “Jags Sleep Out.”

For the sleep out,  students will sleep outside in the courtyard in solidarity with the homeless in Montgomery County. This event provides not only a unique opportunity to understand homelessness, but to raise money and give our community a new perspective on a situation that could impact someone as close to them as their own classmates. 

There are approximately 1,000 homeless people inhabiting Montgomery County. The 15-dollar admission fee will go towards the Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless.  This organization  helps to make a difference in the lives of the homeless in our county.

Our school isn’t the only one doing a sleep out. This is actually a movement that’s gone across the nation, encouraging people to not only sleep outside, but to experience life outside their comfort zone. 

The Sleep Out will start at 10pm on Friday night, after the playoff game against Paint Branch High School. You are advised to bring sleeping bags, hats, flashlights, blankets, and extra layers. There will be fun activities, snacks, and a light breakfast will be provided for participants. Another great thing about the Sleep Out is that you could obtain a knit hat only available to its participants that you won’t receive somewhere else. If you would like to register or donate, visit www.nwhsptsa.org/sleepout. Pre-registration and permission forms are mandatory!