Jag Sleep Out!

Taylor Cross, Morning Announcements Editor

Hey Jags, come out on Friday, November 22nd to raise awareness on homelessness! The PTSA, SGA, and Minority Scholars Program is hosting a “Jags Sleep Out,” where students will sleep outside in the courtyard in solidarity with the homeless in Montgomery County. This event provides not only a unique opportunity to understand homelessness, but to raise money and give our community a new perspective on what could be their own classmates that could be going through the same situation. There are approximately 1,000 homeless people inhabiting Montgomery County and the required admission fee of $15 would go towards the Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless, where we can help make a difference in the lives of the homeless in our county.

Our school isn’t the only one doing a sleep out, this is actually a movement that’s gone across the nation, encouraging people to sleep outside and outside of their comfort zone. The Jags Sleep Out is a very heartwarming movement.

After the playoff football game, the doors will open at 10:00 pm. You are advised to bring sleeping bags, hats, flashlights, blankets, and extra layers. There will be fun activities, snacks, and a light breakfast will be provided for participants. Another great thing about the Sleep Out is that you could obtain a knit hat only available to its participants that you won’t receive somewhere else. If you would like to register or donate, visit www.nwhsptsa.org/sleepout. Pre-registration and permission forms are mandatory!