Green Team Welcomes You

Back to Article
Back to Article

Green Team Welcomes You

Taylor Cross, Morning Announcements Editor

Green Team has planted beautiful flowers of different colors in the courtyard that will bloom in time for spring. The Green Team constantly does fun activities that are not only good for the environment, but also make Jag Nation a better place to be.

In the Northwest greenhouse, Ms. Asofsky ([email protected]) and Ms. Luksic ([email protected]), the club sponsors, demonstrated methods of transplanting parts of plants and growing them in separate containers. Those involved had a great time getting to know one another and even got a plant of their own, which involved but weren’t limited to, spider plants and aloe vera.

Scottie, a new member of  Green Team, says that the club seems like it’s really fun. The club does activities such as as tea time.  Another member, Isis Estwick gets extra pumped for that event. “The tea time event is my favorite part of Green Team”, adds Estwick.

On October 3rd, The Green Team held a raffle for two well designed dish cloths and a package of metal straws. Three lucky students won these prizes and were very satisfied!  Another raffle was held at their past meeting on October 16th.

The Green Team also runs the free store! The free store is in room 202 and contains lots of academic materials all for free. If you ever need notebooks, pens, binders, SAT and AP study books; the free store is the right place for you! You can also donate whatever you want to room 202, so other people can enjoy your gently used items as well. If you’re interested in everything that Green Team has to offer, then come to their next meeting on October 24th in room 202!